Getting Help and Support
Get the guidance you need from SkyPoint's technical experts to achieve exceptional outcomes quickly and efficiently. You can use Help+Support to contact the SkyPoint technical support team. We provide end-to-end support to mitigate risk and optimize performance.
- You must log in to SkyPoint Studio and then navigate to the Help+Support menu.
To create a new support request
- In the left pane, go to Help+Support.
The Help+Support window appears.
- You can create a new support request in the following ways:
- In the upper-left corner, click + New Support Request.
- In the center, click New Support Request.
- In the lower-right corner, click Need help?.
The New Support Request window appears.
|Title||This is the subject of the support case that provides the name of your request.|
|Description||Describe your support request in as much detail as possible so that the team can investigate it properly.|
|Instance||Option to select your instance where you have the issue/question/request.|
|Priority||Defines the criticality of the request such as P1, P2, P3, and P4 as described below:|
|These issues are usually business critical. They represent an issue for which no workarounds exist.|
|This usually represents issues with degraded service. That could mean something like product issues or generally reduced quality of service. Usually, there is a workaround or temporary fix available.|
|These are general issues. Usually, that means things like product questions, feature requests, and development issues.|
|These are the enhancement requests.|
|Product||Option to select a particular product to raise a query such as Dataflow, Lakehouse.|
|Type||Indicates different categories of cases as described below:|
|Defines deviation in the functionality of the product, for example, a bug.|
|Ask for information or enquire. For example, what is the Stitch process?|
|Express the need or desire to get information about the product. For example, can you please provide a document for the Rule Match?|
|Add functionality or upgrade the capabilities to an existing system.|
- Enter a Title to identify your support request.
- In the Description box, provide detailed and accurate information.
- Select your Instance from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Priority of your request.
❕ Note: Prioritization is key to classifying the severity of your request. You can classify the ticket by setting the priority. You have the option to nominate the ticket as a P1 category if you believe this is critical. For example, your business is down due to widespread blockage and requires immediate resolution. The urgency requires a short time frame for resolving the business issue. SkyPoint is committed to assisting you in resolving your issue as soon as possible.
- From the drop-down list, select the Product that you want to clarify.
- Choose the appropriate Type of your request to help the technical expert better understand your query.
- If necessary, you can upload reference documents that can help SkyPoint Support to resolve the issue. To upload the supporting documents, click Attachment.
- Click one of the following:
|If you want to||Then|
|Save the changes and process your request||Click Submit.|
|Close the New Support Request window without saving any changes||Click Cancel.|
The Need help? button is available in the lower-right corner of every section of the product. If you want to raise a new support request, then you can do it from there itself. For example, if you have opened the Imports page and you have an issue regarding the configuration with the connector to establish a connection, you can directly click on the Need help? button to create a new support request.
Once you submit your request, the new support request will appear on the Help+Support home page. Also, you can track the progress of your ticket from the Help+Support home page.
To view and track your request
- Once you submit your request, the new support request will appear on the home page.
|Id||Indicates the ticket ID of your support request.|
|Title||Indicates the name of the request.|
|Priority||Indicates criticality of the request.|
|Submitted By||Indicates requester's email who has submitted the request.|
|Created Date||Displays date of request creation.|
|Updated Date||Displays last modified date.|
|Status||Indicates the status of your request such as Active, Resolved, or Canceled.|
|Group by||Option to view the items in a specific Group (For example, name, type, status).|
- To overview your support request, click on your ticket Id > View Details.
- If you want to add a message or supportive document for the previous request, click on the Message icon and enter Submit.
- You can see all the messages, including attachments for a particular ticket below Discussions. Expand the email below Discussions to view the details. It will show all the notes and emails.